Please read the following information carefully. I realize it is a lot of information but it will explain a bit about what our JumpStart Fund is and how it works. This will make applying a little less confusing. You will also have a better understanding of how we can help and if our JumpStart Fund is something you want to apply for.
There are two parts to the application everyone must fill out:
- The profile information and the
- financial information are both required.
If you are applying for Matched Savings also please fill out:
- Matched Savings agreement
Continue reading to find the links to these forms.
If you have a question about something on the application please email email@example.com.
There are three ways to access our JumpStart Fund:
Learn to Earn Matched Savings:
* If you would like to earn money towards a future repair or if you do not qualify for the emergency safety repair you may apply for the “Learn to Earn” Matched Savings. You will be eligible for up to $600.00 towards future repairs through this opportunity.
Safety Repair Grant:
* One adult in the household must be employed to qualify for emergency vehicle repair funding unless you have a referral from a community agency.
- A letter of referral from a community member, social worker, community worker, doctor, pastor or someone who is familiar with your situation. Please make sure they have included their contact information as we will contact them as part of the application process.
- Please provide proof of employment and employment income.
- The JumpStart Fund will assist with emergency safety repairs only and will require the vehicle to be brought in for inspection to verify these repairs and if the vehicle qualifies for repairs.
- There may be a fee attached to the inspection depending on your situation.
- This is a one time opportunity only. There is further funding available through our Learn to Earn Matched Savings if needed.
- The applicant is responsible for all agreed upon costs (diagnosis, inspection, portion of safety repair) at the time the work is completed. No work will be completed without a signed agreement between applicant and a representative of the JumpStart Fund.
Community Care – We want to help people in our community. If your vehicle doesn’t qualify or you don’t have a vehicle we may be able to help in a financial crisis. There are situations where Good News Auto will help pay bills in order to help someone weather a crisis. Each situation is different and we assess everyone on a case by case basis. The application process is the same.